Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday morning blues.

Man. Sakes. Alive.

Not sure why, but I woke up this morning embarrassed and feeling kind of weak. I sat there recounting my message/sermon/spiel from yesterday word of word, phrase by phrase and I was practically paralyzed in bed. I wanted to pull the covers over my face and hide. Not sure why. Nobody said anything to me. No negative feedback. But all these peoples faces from the crowd, the congregation staring at me. Wierd. Not sure why it happens like that.

1 comment:

Matt Troupe said...

Hey Jason, thanks for the honest comments about your feelings. I have a pastor friend who says that the only sport that you can adequately compare to preaching (an overstatement no doubt) is drag racing, because they completely disassemble the engine and rebuild it after every race. Standing up and preaching- when done properly- bears your heart and soul to other people. You give a piece of yourself in trying to move them to see something of greatness in the text about Christ or grace or something.

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.