Well since the year is almost over I thought I would give a brief list of my favorite books I have read this year:
1. Discipleship on the Edge by Darrell Johnson
-A great walk through the book of Revelation that is extremely practical and pastoral. I could not put this book down without being challenged - a great read
2. The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan
-One of the most read books in all of English literature. The imagery in this book continually came to mind months after I read it and was deeply stimulating.
3. The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis
-An allegorical tale of a bus ride through hell and heaven. Great leisure reading, short, and very thought provoking.
4. David Martyn Lloyd-Jones: The First Forty Years by Iain H. Murray
-The first book in a two volume biography of the Welsh preacher D.M. Llyoyd-Jones. I always love reading a good biography.
5. A Puritan Golden Treasury compiled by I. D. E. Thomas
-I didn't read this cover to cover as it is a book of quotes. However it has been great to flip through.