Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Minutia

Here are a few things that have come across my desk at TP! HQ:

  • Matt Chandler has a blog. That may not excite many of, if any of, you. But to me, he is my favorite person in the world outside my wife and son (and a few others too). He is the pastor at the Village church in Texas. His sermons blow me away and challenge me whenever I listen to them. I'm not kidding. Not even a little bit. If you have a second, download "the great gospel" or any of his recent sermons from the Luke series. You will not be sorry.
You can download them here. Or just use iTunes. Do it. Really, do it.
  • The world series is happening. The Dodgers are not involved. Therefore I do not care.
  • I watched a really interesting documentary on public TV about William Tyndale last night. I was just flipping through the channels when I came across it. I don't really think I've fully appreciated his enormous impact on western Christianity. The shame is he was kidnapped from Belgium and returned to England where he was burned at the stake only a few months short of King Henry the 8th creating the church of England so he could divorce his wives. That's crazy too, Protestant Christianity and the freedom to read the bible in English came about largely because a guy wanted a boy child.

No comments: