Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

More from "Stuff Christians like"

I know, I know, I keep going on about it. I kind of wish I could just cut and paste every one of his posts over here.

This one is about "the first-time visitor to a church" greeting/warning. Look at me, guilty as charged.

Here's a snippet of what we should probably say. I think I will this next Sunday.


"If this is your first time, thanks for coming. Church is kind of weird, isn't? I mean today we're going to sing songs to the person we feel breathed into existence the universe and the sea horse. We're going to learn about the person who we feel is most important but we've never actually seen. We're going to tell you how a book that is thousands of years old can help you have a better day tomorrow in your cubicle at work. And then we're going to cut you off in the parking lot after church cause we're still pretty messed up. It's going to be a little weird today but we hope you'll come back next week. Because even though it's weird, it's also wild and wonderful."

And then we're going to fire WWJD bracelets into the crowd using those t-shirt guns they have at sporting events. It will be a good time. Promise.

No comments: