Pages

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Obama will expand Faith stuff

Hey been a while since I last blogged here, but I'm tired of writing about revival so found this cool article that claims Obama will expand GW's Faith-based initiatives. I think that O will win if he swings left but adds in conservative right wing "plug-ins" such as this, and maybe charter schools, and maybe optional prayer in schools. Obama would then be the Firefox 3 candidate, a well run machine with lots of great options.

It'd be funny if Jeremiah Wright would then apply for and receive and exorbitant amount of funding-- fox news would have a collective heart attack, I'm telling you.

2 comments:

Jason_73 said...

Honestly Roy, I'm kind of over US politics. In saying that, I think the main reason is that it is such a polarized environment in the States right now with all the impending vitriol and attacks brewing.

This mornings bible reading from Psalms is my new political stance:

Psalms 146
1 Praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD, O my soul.

2 I will praise the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

3 Do not put your trust in princes,
in mortal men, who cannot save.

4 When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
on that very day their plans come to nothing.


5 Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the LORD his God,

6 the Maker of heaven and earth,
the sea, and everything in them—
the LORD, who remains faithful forever.

7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed
and gives food to the hungry.
The LORD sets prisoners free,

8 the LORD gives sight to the blind,
the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down,
the LORD loves the righteous.

9 The LORD watches over the alien
and sustains the fatherless and the widow,
but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.

10 The LORD reigns forever,
your God, O Zion, for all generations.
Praise the LORD.

Steve Oberg said...

Good stuff Jason!

I am also fed up. My vote? "None of the above."