Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Songs about my dreams.

I used to live in a bus.
A geriatric, green one that at one time belonged to the Air force.
It was heated by a wood burning stove that I didn't know how to start a fire in.
I remember always seeing my breath in that bus.

I remember I used to share a bed with my sister in that bus.
We watched 1980 come alive on a black and white TV.
I remember looking down at a shot gun, half way out of it's case.
Still steaming from having blasted away the divorce settlement.

I remember being woken up in the middle of the night in that bus.
To patrol the perimeter of the property looking for the punk who slashed our tires.
Ready to defend the green bus, six crappy cars and a pile of scrap metal with my life.
I was 7.

I don't have many more memories from that bus.
Except there was this book about karate and flying side kicks in that bus.
After all it was just the prime of my life.
When I lived in that bus.

Jason lives with his wife and son in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. He enjoys running and Brazilian jiu-jitsu. His first book, "Songs about my dreams" will be released independently in 2009.

No comments: